The Dipendra Kandel Initiative is committed to protecting your privacy and being transparent about what information we may hold about you.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This privacy notice covers the following:
• Who we are
• Information we may collect
• How your personal data may be used
• Sharing your personal data with third parties
• Your rights
• How long we store your data for
• Changes to our privacy notice.
• Contact us
Who We Are
The Dipendra Kandel Initiative is an independent policy organization based in Kathmandu, Nepal. Our mission is to help to build sustainable, secure, prosperous and just region.
We take great care in comply with the requirements of data protection law in force in Nepal, relating to the processing of your personal data, including the Individual Privacy Act 2075 (2018) ('the Privacy Act'), and the Individual Privacy Regulation 2077 ('the Privacy Regulation').
Information We May Collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about your:
Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of contacting us, and might include:
• First name
• Last name
We may also ask you information when you report a problem with our Site
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information relating to your area of expertise as a result of communicating with us.
From the public domain:
We may obtain some information from publicly available sources such as new articles or open postings on social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
How Your Personal Information May Be Used
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To enhance content on our Site and its technical performance.
• To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us, for example if you take up an internship with us.
• To invite you to events run by us or co-partners.
• To fulfill orders for goods or services.
For virtual conferences, your name, job title and company name will appear on the participant list through the official conference networking system enabling participants to connect with you during the conference.
The lawful basis we rely on when processing your personal data:
Those carefully considered and specific purposes might for example include the following:
• Inviting potential speakers and participants in a business / professional capacity to our meetings or events.
• Engaging with individuals holding relevant policy-making positions hand-picked experts, corporate professional individuals, journalists and those working in other relevant sectors in a professional capacity.
Intelluctual Property Rights
Our site and its content are protected by intellectual property rights, including copyright.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our site.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us.
Sharing Your Personal Information With Third Parties
• We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries:
We may also share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
• We may need to use certain service providers to carry out work on our behalf such as, for example, fulfilment companies, event partners or program funders. Where we enter into a relationship with an external party that would involve the processing of your personal data on our behalf, any such agreements will be subject to a formal agreement between Dipendra Kandel Initiative and that organization, aimed to protect the security of your data.
• Hotels, airlines and travel agencies should Dipendra Kandel Initiative arrange your travel and accommodation, for example, if you are an intern or volunteer for one of our programs.
When working with partners to deliver an online or physical event, registration details may be shared with events partners for the purposes of monitoring attendance.
• Whenever we share your personal data with third parties, it will be done lawfully, fairly and transparently and we will ensure that your rights and freedoms respect of the processing of your personal data are adequately and appropriately protected. We will not sell your data to any third party.
Withdrawing your consent:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes and, where required, we will seek your consent.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing and managing your personal information.
You also have the following rights:
• To request us to erase your personal data.
• To request us to restrict our processing of your personal data.
• To object to the way in which we are processing your personal data.
Should you wish to exercise these rights, we will require you to prove your identity. To help us deal with your request in the most efficient manner, please address your request, contact us and we will respond within thirty days of receipt of your request and confirmed ID.
Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us to locate your records.
How Long We Store Your Data
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as longs as is necessary to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax accounting rules.
Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Changes To Our Privacy
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
By continuing to user our site, you shall be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Thank you for visiting our site.